Friday, March 30, 2012

March 30th, 2012

Found a few layouts that I don't think I have posted. Here we are at the SU football game this winter.

In just two days my first born will be 19 years old!!!! Just when did all that happen? I can't believe how fast time flies. My oldest has the had the blessing or the curse of being through the thick and the thin of my crazy/trying to figure this whole thing out adult life. He was there when I crossed the stage to receive my Baccalaureate degree. He was there through the problems with his father, he was there when we moved about a dozen times, he was there through my endless bad romances (ok, so minus his dad, there were only two). My first born was for a long time the man of my life, the only man that I really could count on and he was a little boy. I guess that is why he has become the amazing, introspective, creative, charming and empathic young adult he is today. Once I didn't think that he would make it to his 19th birthday...either I was gonna kill him or he was gonna make some bad decision. He didn't and I didn't and somehow he made it! I often complain about my kids, throw my hands up in the air, kneel down to pray for my kids, but I have always loved them and having my eldest hitting the ripe old age of 19! I feel proud to say that he is mine! Of course I am not proud to say I'm old enough to have a 19 year old!!! Happy just the same that he has made it through the tough times (although I know there will be more) and he has become a responsible young man. As for the rest of them, well...I guess I will keep praying, complaining, worring, and throwing my hand in the air.
Enough about my kids.....I have my own issues..work (no new answers with that), weight, (up three pounds....so much for my loosing 20 total by yesterday, back on track today), Money ( I haven't been discussing this topic unless it was on how I have saved it, in awhile....but it always seems to creep back in as a painful topic). Thinking I was doing well, I was shocked to find so little in my bank account....we've been in worst situations, I havent bounced a check and I am not overdrawn (YEAH!!!) I just thought I had more then I do. Needing to get my son a nice financial birthday gift, still haven't put the $ down for vacation, I was hoping for a little more wiggle room this week, so that I could do both. Doesn't look like it will happen. I have been in situations where I have absolutly NO money until next payday, which is not the case, but I certainly do not have enough to give healthy cash sum to my oldest and pay for vacation and have enough for the rest of the week until payday. Just to fill my gas tank is gonna cost me $50- and I need gas even with .70 cents off a gallon. We also need a few little things around here like milk, bread etc. When these things come up it makes me hate my job all the more...and think, maybe I should be working full time...then maybe I would have more in my account, but if I had to deal with that place for 40 hours a week I dont know what I'd do. I guess I just have to make things work....
so he'll get a cake and pizza, and then maybe later in the week I can give him a nice chunk of change. Still gotta put some $ down on the vacation or were definately not gonna go. I'd hate to see that happen.

No comments: